Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bananas for you!

On Tuesday we had my daughters award ceremony for Tidal Waves. It is a local swim team she swims for during the summer. She has only same for 2 summers (4 months) and is pretty good! She got a "c" time trophy but hopefully next year she will get some "A" times Fingers Crossed



So Savannah had a bad dream and came to my bed (who I was already sharing with a grizzly bear and his cub) so needless to say I couldn't sleep anymore. I was up at 4am and I had wanted to bake some cookies for a while now but it has been too hot... so I beat the heat and made banana nut bread loaves and chocolate chip cookies... very early this morning. Good Morning
I love getting up early and getting stuff done while I have the house to myself... such PEACE Peace Sign I wrapped a package up for Savannah's teacher and snuck into his classroom and put it on his desk. Then I came home and made some matching cards.. not sure if I will give them to him since he is a man? The stickers did say "Houseworkgives me hives" but I took a sharpie and changed it to "Homework gives me hives" Lol
Anyways we Love our banana bread her is the recipe:
1 Cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup shortening or butter
2 cups mashed bananas (approx. 6) Banana
Mix well then add
2 cups flour
2 tblspns baking POWDER
1 tsp salt
2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
bake for 50 min at 375 degrees






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We need to make your faboo banana bread more points-friendly! Love ya! -Pam

(Yes, I do still check your blog sometimes!)