Saturday, April 3, 2010

LIFE!

So I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I would do a couple of posts today. This one is on my life for the last couple of weeks.
Alcott started something new this year- they are doing tri-mester awards instead of Principal's awards every month. Stevie got most improved on staying on task- goes to show that RITALIN helps!!!!! HE doesn't find his pencil so interesting anymore - haha! GOOD JOB Stevie- We are so proud!
We had a "pugging" at our house. what's a pugging you say? A wedding for pugs- stuffed animal pugs.... yeah I know crazy- but I did like the pugging cake I created :)
Of course I had to make some YUMMY Lemon bars with spring in the air. These are low-fat, 1- point, and very good and very easy!
Here is the recipe-
1/4 C powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 C flour
3 eggs
3/4 C Sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/3 Cup lemon juice
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
powder sugar for top
Mix 1/4 C powder sugar and butter until creamy, add 1/2 cup flour until crumbly- press into 8 X 8 pan- bake at 350 until golden brown (10-12 minutes)
Lower temp to 325- Beat eggs, add ingredients, pour mixture over crust, bake 20-25 minutes- cool and cut into 16 squares- top with powdered sugar.
Some long time friends- starting the "BIG 40" club! Thanks Crystal for making it look so wonderful- Happy Birthday!
Pinewood Derby...... For the Boy Scouts or the MAN SCOUTS?????????? I really believe this competition is more for the dads- but everyone has fun! Stevie took 3rd- Savannah took 1st- again..... GIRLS RULE and boys......

3 comments:

Derby Monkey said...

Congrats to Stevie and Savannah. lol - I agree, It should be called the Man Scouts Derby or something. The top finishers are usually always built by dads. I know because I'm a pinewood derby fanatic. Good luck next year.

Anonymous said...

The lemon bars sound great, but I get 2 points in e-tools! Love ya anyway! Pam

Sharon said...

Oh...the Pinewood Derby. I remember teaching my cubs how to use my scroll saw to cut out their cars...they made their own! No dads helping and you know me, I'm all about making the kids do things themselves!! How else are they gonna learn??
Anyway, where's all the stamping???
You better be going to the meeting on Saturday!!!