Sunday, February 21, 2010

International Day and apple spice cake with caramel glaze


On Saturday we had International fair with the Girl Scouts and it was so WONDERFUL! We chose France (Could you guess?) The girls had fun going and visiting all the other countries. Taylor came home with us and Savannah and her continued their exposure to the culinary world!



This was taken from the cookbook


Mary Engelbreit's Sweet treats Cookbook

3 C flour

1tsp soda

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp allspice

1.4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg

1 tsp salt

1 1/2 C sugar

1/2 C brown sugar

1 1/2 C oil

3 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

3 C chopped apples

2 C chopped walnuts (opt)


Glaze-

1/2 C brown sugar

1/4 C unsalted butter

1/4 C heavy cream


Savannah had a friend spend the night last night and though my daughter would totally be happy just watching TV/ movies with a friend by her side.... her friends get a little bored. So I went into her room and told her that they should make bead necklaces or do the crystal growing kit that she got for Christmas. After a BIG mess and the kit not turning out they brought me a cookbook and told me to pick something out. I had to try to find something we had the ingredients for and that was not too difficult (should of looked for something low-fat also but- geesh!!!) So I picked the apple spice cake. It turned out YUMMY! and they had fun, Taylor asked if she could take the rest home for her family. Then after makeovers and going to bed really late- they were up early cooking more food- This is so not good for my diet or my kitchen!


No comments: