Thursday, August 14, 2008

Faux Ribbon







These are a couple of the pages that I will be making with my scrapbook gals this Friday. It is using the new set we got for (FREE) at convention- Inspired by nature. For the faux ribbon technique I took two strips of 12 x 12 paper at 1 1/2 " and wet them while folding them back and forth. I then laid them in the sun to dry. I put a strip of sticky tape across my paper and laid the ribbon across the paper while folding it back every so often. I like how it turned out- you could even rub a little creamy caramel along it to give it a even more worn look.






The leaves are stamped in versMark and the flowers are in craft white. TFL! Have a great Thursday- I will be busy today making 80 baby shower invites!


3 comments:

Sue Shaw said...

80 baby shower invites! WOW - go girl!! Hope you have a bottle of something nice to keep you company!
Sue. x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful Samantha! I love that faux ribbon, happy that you figured out how to make it too. Good luck with the invites.

I'm all done my swaps, just got to get them in the mail. I will soon, promise!:)

orangedaisy said...

what great faux ribbon, it sounds quite easy too. love the card you made with the ribbon. looks very elegant
x